Home           About           Tips           Links

Monday, June 18, 2012

Baked Cheddar Tomatoes

Improvised cooking at its best. I bought tomatoes for my Italian pasta salad and shredded cheddar cheese for the Cheesy Garlic Biscuits. I have tons of recipes saved that I want to try and one of them is similar to this but with Parmesan cheese. 
Serves: 4

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cooking Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
4 tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup freshly grated Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (I used shaker oregano)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450F
Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet
Top with Cheddar cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes.
(If the tomatoes are small like mine 12 minutes should be enough)

Recipe Source


No comments:

Post a Comment