Home           About           Tips           Links

Monday, May 16, 2011

Rice Pudding

During one of my lunch breaks I walked pass this rice pudding shop called Loving Cup. I went in and had some. I ordered too much so I got tired of it pretty fast but it sparked my interest in making my own. I found this recipe in a book while browsing at Borders.




Makes 5 servings

Ingredients
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 1/4 inch orange slice
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine milk, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. (You can add all the sugar at this stage if you want)




Add rice and simmer on low heat, covered, until tender which takes about 30 minutes.

In a small bowl combine cornstarch and eggs plus 3 tablespoon sugar. (Don't add sugar if you added the 5 tablespoon in the first step) Using a fork or wire wipe stirring until mixture is completely smooth.

Add about 1/3 of the milk rice mixture into the small bowl. Mix well and return into the saucepan.

Continue cooking and bring pudding to a boil. Remove the saucepan from heat. Remove the orange slices and cinnamon sticks.

Blend in vanilla. Cool in serving cups or to its entirety for two hours before serving. Can be served warm.

1 comment:

  1. SUPER tasty!!! This turned out so well, I can eat a ton of this stuff. I like that you tweaked the flavoring because the batch I got was really good!! Keep up the good work, love the way the blog looks!!! =)

    ReplyDelete