Home           About           Tips           Links

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli

Happy May! My favorite month of the year!
Serves: 2- 3

Prep Time: 15 minutes  

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1″ cubes
2 head of broccoli or you can use frozen broccoli too
For the sauce:
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch

Directions:

Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl. You can use more cornstarch if you like a thicker sauce. Toss the cubed chicken into the sauce and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.

While the chicken is marinating you can prepare the broccoli. I like to use the stems too. I shave the outside of the stem and cut the bottom trunk off to toss out. I cut the rest of the stems into small pieces and toss that into the boiling water about 1-2 minutes before I toss in the florets. The stems take longer. I like my broccoli soft for a "blanch" them for about 5 minutes then drain. In an oiled medium-high heat pan, I toss in the chicken. As the chicken is cooking I drizzled some of the sauce over to make sure I will have a lot of sauce to go on top of the rice. Put on a lid and let the chicken cook. About 5-6 minutes. Add the broccoli place the lid back on. Using a spatula mix around the chicken and broccoli making sure the broccoli soaks up some of the sauce. Serve over rice!

Recipe Source

No comments:

Post a Comment