Home           About           Tips           Links

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chinese Style Asparagus

When I was a kid, we used to go to my uncle's house for dinner. My aunt would make this really delicious asparagus dish with oyster sauce on top. I bought asparagus and had oyster sauce so I decided to re-invent my childhood.




Serving
: 4

Prep: 5 minutes

Cooking Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients
:
14 oz fresh green asparagus
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon water

Directions:
Wash asparagus and pinch off the rough ends. It should snap fairly easily. Chop into finger lengths. Boil water in a pan or wok, deep enough to immerse the asparagus. Add oil and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender but crisp. Place asparagus on a dish and remove water from the wok/pan. Mix two tablespoon of water with sugar and oyster sauce into pan/wok. Bring to a boil and drizzle over asparagus.

Recipe Source

No comments:

Post a Comment