Home           About           Tips           Links

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp


It has been a bit since I have posted. Since my last post, I have moved down from Sacramento to the Bay Area to start my new job soon. Now, every other night I am in charge of dinner. I don't really cook a lot of meat but my husband wants some kind of protein tonight for dinner. I love shrimp so I made this. I wanted to make something light and simple. This is similar to another dish (baked garlic shrimp) I really like but this is a bit less greasy.




Serves: 4

Prep Time: 5 minutes 

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (I used the shaker) 
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Juice of 1 lemon (I used lime) 
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, for garnish (I used dried parsley) 
Directions

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees 

In a bowl, place shrimp, salt, garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, parmesan, salt, and pepper.

Place on oven sheet and bake for 6- 8 minutes. (anymore than that, your shrimp will be a bit dry) 

Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp and top with parsley leaves. 

Tips: If you have been following my blog, I am an improvised cooker and also someone who doesn't like to buy ingredients that I can only really use once. Instead of the fresh parmesan cheese, I used shakers parmesan. My lemon grew mold so I used a lime. Also for my herbs, I generally use dried. 





No comments:

Post a Comment