Home           About           Tips           Links

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Soft Tofu with Soy Sauce

Simplicity!
Serves: 2

Prep Time: 0

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
1 packet of Soft Tofu, drained
2 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Peanut/Vegetable Oil
3 Shallots, sliced
2 stalks Scallions, chopped

Directions:

You can either serve the soft tofu chilled or steamed. I prefer my tofu cooked so I steamed it for about 5-6 minutes. Place on a dish.

While the tofu is steaming, in a medium-high heat pan fry the shallots in the oil until golden brown. Remove shallots and place on top of tofu when the tofu is done. (They do sell fried shallots at the Asian Market which is what I used)

Sprinkle the chopped scallions on top of the tofu. Add soy sauce to the oil in the pan and let sizzle. Pour the soy sauce over the tofu and enjoy with rice!

Note: Since I used pre-made fried shallots, I also steamed my soy sauce with oil in a bowl for about 5 minutes.

Recipe Source


1 comment: