Home           About           Tips           Links

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp

About 1.5 years ago I went to Hawaii with my friend Connie. I knew we were going to have a lot of shrimp. We paid 12 bucks for our own lunch box. I was like WTF! 12 bucks for this?! I can totally make this. My friend didn't believe me (She's not a cook). I preceded to ask the cook how she made the famous Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp. Pretty much exactly how I make mine except mine is healthier! 

Here is the picture of our lunch box. Does that look like its worth 12 dollars?

Serves: 1

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 4 minutes

Ingredients:
- 10 pieces of shrimp, defrosted (I took off the tails but you can leave them on if you want)
- 1/4 tsp of starch
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil

Directions:
- Sprinkle starch onto shrimp and mix well. This will prevent the shrimp from overcooking 
- In a medium-high heat, toss in butter and oil. You can use all butter if you want the shrimp to be tastier or you can use all oil if you want to be healthier.
(If using all oil, sprinkle some salt or garlic salt over your raw shrimp)
- Toss in minced garlic
- After a minute, toss in the shrimp
- Flip the shrimp making sure all everything is turning gray to pink
- Shrimp cooks pretty fast so about a couple minutes they should be done
- Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment