Home           About           Tips           Links

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shrimp Toast


I tried this at the APAMSA Thanksgiving Potluck and I had to learn how to make it since I LOVE shrimp! Reminds me of a couple dim sum dishes. This is the second time I tried making it. I guess I just had to find the right recipe.


Serves: 4

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
6 oz of shrimp (peeled and dried)
1 egg white
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
4 pieces of white bread
vegetable oil
sprinkle of garlic salt
sesame seeds (optional)

Directions:
Using a blender or if you don't have one (like myself) chop shrimp into a mesh. In a bowl or your blender add egg white, cornstarch, salt, and garlic salt. Mix well.
Cut the crust off the bread and flatted the bread with the palm of your hand. Cut into four pieces.
Place 1/4 inch layer shrimp mix on top of the bread.
In an oiled medium-high heat pan place the bread and shrimp complex shrimp side down. Place as many bread and shrimp complexes down in the pan without overcrowding.
Cook for about 4 minutes and flip so the bread can be toasted. 1-4 minutes on this side depending on how toasted you want it.
Add sesame seeds.
Enjoy!

Recipe Source

No comments:

Post a Comment