Home           About           Tips           Links

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Gooey Butter Cookies



I have actually been baking these cookies for a couple years now. They are one of my husband's favorites and super easy! My friend from medical school brought some for our study sessions and I fell in love with them. 



Serves: 24 

Prep Time: 15 minutes 

Total Time: 45 minutes 

Ingredients
- 1 package of 8oz cream cheese (softened) 
- 1 package of ~ 15 oz cake mix 
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened 
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla 
- 1/4 cup of powered sugar

Directions
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- combine butter and cream cheese 
- beat in egg and vanilla 
- mix in the cake mix 
- roll into 1 inch balls
- pour powered sugar onto plate 
- roll balls in powered sugar until most of the surface is coated
- place on baking sheet 1 inch apart 
- bake for 11-15 minutes or set 
- place on cooling rake 
- enjoy 

Tips: I like to chill my dough for at least an hour before I roll them because it makes the dough easier to work with especially with this recipe. The cake mix makes this dough really soft.




No comments:

Post a Comment