Home           About           Tips           Links

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Caprese Salad

Hello! I am back! I just finished up my third year of medical school with two months of the time consuming surgery rotation. I am currently studying for my boards. I went to the grocery store a couple weeks ago and they had mozzarella cheese on sale. Yay! This caprese salad is perfect for a hot summer day. It is a light snack and also so yummy.
Serves: 6

Cooking time: 10 minutes

Ingredients: 
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil

Directions: 
Place tomato slices and mozzarella cheese slices alternating. Sprinkle the basil over. In a small container with a tighter covering, pour in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Shake well. Pour this mixture over the tomato and mozzarella cheese.

Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment