Home           About           Tips           Links

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon & Avocado


Hello! Since my last post, I have gotten married! My husband and I hosted our first Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, my Brussel Sprout Salad was the highlight of the meal! Here is the recipe!


Serves: 2

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients: 
  • 3 cups shredded brussels sprouts
  • 1 avocado, diced 
  • 3 slices of bacon, diced
  • Parmesan Cheese, shredded (optional)
Vinaigrette:

  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions: 
1. Shred the brussels sprouts and place in large bowl (cut the ends off & toss, you can also buy shredded brussels sprouts at Trader Joes)
2. Cook the bacon (I used the microwave, easy and not much cleaning), dice 
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette
4. Toss all ingredients in the large bowl
5. Shred parmesan cheese on top
6. Enjoy

Tips: This salad can be pre-prepared. Just exclude the avocado until you plan on eating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment