Home           About           Tips           Links

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bacon & Brussels Sprout Salad

Hey! I am back! Sorry for being MIA for the last couple months. I was busy with interviews and spending the holidays with my family and SO. Anyway, during Thanksgiving, the SO and I spent it with my friend's family here in Michigan. I had this brussels sprout salad that was delicious. I only have one way that I make brussels sprout so I wanted to spice it up. 
Serves: 8-10

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

For the dressing:
juice of one lemon juice of one orange
2-3 tablespoons apple cider
1 shallot, minced
½ cup olive oil ½ teaspoon
salt and pepper to taste

For the salad:
4 dozen brussels sprouts
1 cup almonds
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled or chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Asiago or Gruyere are also good)

Directions: 
- You can either use a mandolin to slice your brussel sprouts or just you a knife to slice them. If you are using the mandolin hold the brussel sprout by the stem.
- You can use a food processor to finely chop the almonds but I prefer to use a nice to just coarsely chop them.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing
- Toss the almonds, bacon, cheese together.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over and toss.
- Enjoy!

Recipe Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment